Russian news and information agency RIA Novosti hosted a Moscow-Washington video linkup The Arctic: Directions and Mechanisms of International Cooperation. The event coincided with the 15th anniversary of the establishment of the Arctic Council and the run-up to the second international forum The Arctic: Territory of Dialogue to be held September 22-24.
Climate warming and the melting of ice are opening up new opportunities for access to the natural recourses of the Arctic region. Could the Bering Strait become an important navigable passage? How best to organize environmentally friendly hydrocarbon production? Experts discussed these and many other questions during the Moscow-Washington linkup.
- Anton Vasiliev, Russian Foreign Ministry special envoy in the Arctic Council;
- Boris Nikitin, President of Russia's Academy of Technological Sciences and chair of the Offshore Drilling Dept. at Gubkin Oil and Gas University;
- Sergey Dobrolyubov, Deputy dan of the Faculty of Geography of Moscow State University, correspondent member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, member of the Russian Geographic Society’s presidium.
- David Monsma, Eecutive director of the Aspen Institute's Energy and Environment Program;
- Julie Gourley, Senior U.S. Arctic official, Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs, U.S. Department of State;
- John Farrell, Executive director of the U.S. Arctic Research Commission.
The fact of registration and authorization of users on Sputnik websites via users’ account or accounts on social networks indicates acceptance of these rules.
Users are obliged abide by national and international laws. Users are obliged to speak respectfully to the other participants in the discussion, readers and individuals referenced in the posts.
The websites’ administration has the right to delete comments made in languages other than the language of the majority of the websites’ content.
In all language versions of the sputniknews.com websites any comments posted can be edited.
A user comment will be deleted if it:
The administration has the right to block a user’s access to the page or delete a user’s account without notice if the user is in violation of these rules or if behavior indicating said violation is detected.
Users can initiate the recovery of their account / unlock access by contacting the moderators at firstname.lastname@example.org
The letter must contain:
If the moderators deem it possible to restore the account / unlock access, it will be done.
In the case of repeated violations of the rules above resulting in a second block of a user’s account, access cannot be restored.
To contact the team of moderators, write to email@example.com